This course covers the most important oracle security features that
must be implemented within any organization running it’s databases
under oracle systems, such as :
- Managing critical system and object privileges and roles
- Managing SYSDBA and SYSOPER DBA privileges
- Securing Oracle Data Dictionary
- Oracle common authentication techniques (Authenticating
DBAs-who access as SYSDBA and SYSOPER- Password file
authentication, Database authentication, OS authentication
as well as introducing the advanced network authentication
- Oracle data encryption technologies: DBMS_CRYPTO toolkit,
Transparent Data Encryption
- Oracle Database Auditing using triggers, standard auditing
methods and Fine-grained auditing.
- Oracle password management.
- Securing Oracle listener
- Introducing the security strengths in the modern versions of
oracle systems as Oracle 11g and the weaknesses existed in
the old versions which are still running widely.
IT managers and Security managers who are interested in exploring security
strengths and weaknesses in their databases.
- Oracle database administrators
- Oracle Developers
- Information Security officers and IT auditors who are responsible for
securing databases systems in their organizations
- Individuals having knowledge and working in oracle database
Knowledge and experience in oracle database administration.
Module 1: Introduction to Oracle Database Security
• Oracle Security Resources
• Oracle Database Security Challenges
• Oracle Database Security Goals and Responsibilities
• Oracle Database Security Layers
• Oracle Database Categories
• What is Oracle Security?
• Oracle Database Internal Attack Vectors
• External Attack Vectors
• Other Methods to Combat Oracle Attack Vectors
Module 2 : Oracle Database Access Controls
• Password Management
Module 3 : Oracle Database Authentication Methods
• Authentication Overview
• Authentication Methods
• Authentication by Oracle Database
• Authentication by Operating System
• Authentication by Network
Module 4 : Oracle Database Encryption
• Introduction to Database Encryption
• Symmetric versus asymmetric encryption
• Implementing dbms_crypto
• Implementing Transparent data encryption
Module 5 : Securing Oracle Listener
• Oracle TNS Listener
• Listener Files
• Listener Exploits
• The need of securing oracle listener
• Oracle Listener – security controls
Module 6 : Introduction To Oracle Database Auditing
• The Needs of Oracle Database Auditing
• Planning an Audit
• What to Audit
• Oracle standard Auditing
• Oracle auditing using triggers
• Oracle Fine-grained auditing
• To introduce trainees to oracle database security features and techniques.
• Introduce trainees to oracle database security resources, references,
checklists and tools.
• To conduct oracle security exercises and practical labs.
• Keeping up-to-date with oracle database security information
• Put the trainee in the right direction toward securing oracle database
systems in his organization
Type of Certificate Obtained
Oracle database Security
Total Training Hours