Security professionals are faced with an overwhelming number of security adviso-ries, intrusion and firewall alerts, and vulnerability reports. Knowledge of actual hacking techniques and scenarios permits a more effective response against the growing threats from Internet access and presence.
In this 3-day course, you apply exploits and run vulnerability scans to better secure networks, servers and workstations. You learn to assess the risk to your enterprise from specific vulnerabilities, and to continually control your exposure and response to current security threats by implementing preventative measures. You’ll also be introduced to Vulnerability Management methodology, industry best practices, and technologies.
- Identify Vulnerability Assessment and Management Processes, techniques, and technologies.
- Understand the different criteria in selecting a vulnerability assessment technology
- Conduct vulnerability assessment activities like vulnerability scanning, research, analysis, and reporting.
- Provide insight into establishing or enhancing the vulnerability management pro-cess in the organization.
- Integrate advisories and alerts into your security practices and procedures.
- Respond to evolving risk levels by prioritizing your defensive resources.
- Manage ongoing vulnerability assessment.
Vulnerability Assessment – The Basics
- Definitions and Basic Concepts
- Why Security Fail
- The need for VA & VM
- Types of Vulnerability Assessments
- Vulnerability Assessment Methodology
- Scoping the VA job
- The VA Team
- VA Tools Overview
- Vulnerability Categories
- The CVE
- Vulnerability Information
- What to look for?
Vulnerability Assessment Technologies
- Different Technology Architectures
- Passive Vulnerability Analysis
- Active Vulnerability Analysis
- Using Nessus
- Using Qualys
Vulnerability Analysis & Reporting
- Vulnerability Analysis
- Vulnerability Rating Scales
- The VA Report
- The Need for Vulnerability Manage-ment
- Challenges and enhancement
- Undertaking Vulnerability Manage-ment
- Vulnerability Management Life Cycle
Vulnerability Management Technologies
- Qualys Guard
- Tenable Security Center
Course Title: Vulnerability Assessment & Manage-ment
Duration: 3 days,24 Hrs
Class Format Options: Instructor-led Classroom
Who Should Attend: IT professionals involved in securing enterprise systems
Prerequisites: Students should have suc-cessfully completed Security foundation course.